Thursday 9 October 2014

I DIDN'T CONTRACT EBOLA - VAN VICKER


The handsome Ghanaian actor cum producer, Van Vicker has debunked the rumour that he contracted Ebola Virus Disease in Liberia.
An entertainment website had on Tuesday reported that Vicker contracted the deadly disease while shooting the sequel to the movie - Bendu Sudan in Monrovia, Liberia's capital.

There were other report also on social media that suggested that Van Vicker has been quarantined and refused entry into Ghana.

But speaking on the matter, the actor described the reports as 'disheartening'.
He said, "It's annoying. I checked the website and just couldn’t believe my eyes. Why would someone just sit somewhere and just write what they want. Is there nobody that regulates the activities of these websites?” he asked. “I don’t get the story. It’s just not right!”

He further disclosed that he cancelled the movie trip to Liberia last month when he heard the news of the outbreak.
"I read the story, my intention was to go to Liberia to shoot...but I didn’t go”
Vicker who is of Liberian descent disclosed on Starr Drive Show that he is working with the UN response team based in Ghana to help his home country.

To his fellow Liberian, he has this to say: “My heart does go out to all Liberians and I want them to know I have not abandoned them. I am doing all I can to help them in this time of crisis.”

This recent outbreak of Ebola has killed more than 3,400 people mostly in West Africa; and in Liberia alone, it has claimed at least 1,100 lives so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you feel about the article you've just read? Drop your comment below and invite your friends for more interesting updates.